Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hooray for Bollywood!!

As we continue to introduce you to the new members of Team Sinai, please welcome Dr. Jossie Abraham. In her own words...
I am extremely excited to be on this trip to Haiti and can’t wait to make a difference!  A little about myself, I was born and raised in New York City.  I went to Lehman College (Bronx, NY) for my bachelors degree and then to the New York College of Podiatric Medicine for graduate school. After graduation from Podiatry School, I completed a three year residency in foot and ankle surgery.  Currently I’m at the Rubin Institute for Advanced Orthopaedics at Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, for a post-residency fellowship in foot and ankle reconstruction.  

From our wedding album
Jossie and Jen at work in clinic
Before I started my path in medicine, I experienced witnessing my grandfather passing away in a small rural hospital in India. It was then that I made a decision to try to make a difference in this world and to do whatever I can with my hands to benefit those that are less fortunate. I can’t wait for this trip to Haiti, my first mission trip, and I hope this will not be the last.