Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Prodigal Daughter


I am a Haitian American Nurse Practitioner who specializes in Cardiology.   Helping Haiti has been a goal of mine for some time and the earthquake disaster only intensified my desire to go to my homeland and help out.  I hope this trip will only be the first of many back to Haiti in a professional, volunteer capacity.  It is important to me to go back to my country and help rebuild and support my people.
A little about myself, I studied undergraduate nursing in Chicago at University of Illinois. I worked as a Cardiac nurse at Miami Heart Institute and in the Cath Lab at Baptist Medical Center in Miami, Florida.  I came to Baltimore 10 years ago for graduate studies at Johns Hopkins School of Nursing.  For the last five years I have worked for the Johns Hopkins Division of Cardiology as a Nurse Practioner.  I look forward to being a part of this Team Sinai and going back to my homeland! Oh, and one more thing, I speak Kreyole and French much better than my cousin Ron!

No comments:

Post a Comment