Saturday, May 21, 2011

Francel, we're so glad you are here!

It's a pleasure to introduce the most recent addition to Team Sinai, Dr. Francel Alexis. We are so grateful that he will be joining us, and also staying on after we depart to help look after the patients we treat when we go to Haiti later in June.....

I am a 31 years old (young) Haitian orthopedic surgeon. I was born and grew up in Les Cayes, in the South of Haiti. I attended high school in Port au Prince at the Institution of Saint Louis de Gonzague. I graduated from the Medical School of the Haitian State University in 2004, and then worked for one year of national service in Les Cayes. Soon after, I started my 4 year orthopedic residency at the Haitian State University Hospital.
I have had the opportunity to spend some time rotating through various hospitals in the USA and France. Since 2007, I have attended the yearly SIGN Conference for Treatment of Difficult Fractures in Richland, Washington. In North America, I have had the privilege to visit famous hospitals in Kansas, Texas, Indiana, North Carolina, and Ottawa. I also visited a hospital in Guadeloupe, France. Back home in Haiti, I recently enjoyed working at Hopital Adventiste with the long term volunteer docs: Terry Dietrich and Scott Nelson, so I am already familiar with the workings of Adventiste.

Immediately after the earthquake of January 12, 2010, I volunteered at the General Hospital (HICC) in Les Cayes along side Médecins sans Frontiérs (MSF).
I am doing now a Fellowship in Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery at the CURE International Hospital in Dominican Republic since November 2010 with Dr. Dan Ruggles. I am married to my lovely Wideline and we have three beautiful children. I look forward to working with the other members of Team Sinai!

Francel ALEXIS, MD

No comments:

Post a Comment