Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Amazing Tina Jorgensen



"I was born in the hospital where I currently work, Providence Hood River Memorial. I have been a RN for 12 years and have worked in the PACU for 9 of those years. I started my medical career as an EMT in 1992 and worked my way through medical assistant, CNA, LPN and then RN. I have done traveling nursing for ER and ICU in rural hospitals throughout Oregon during nursing shortages. 


I have an incredible husband, John, and family that I am very close with. We have a blended family. Our children are 27, 24, 16 and 14. We live on a cattle ranch, Black Angus, located in a small town with a population of about 600 people. We cook on a wood cook stove, which we also use for heat. We have power, phone and occasional Internet, however for about one month out of the year we live without these amenities. Most people think we are crazy, but we love it.

I am involved in our Church with Women and Children's Ministry and my husband and I are in charge of the Out Reach Activities. My hobbies include gardening, canning, camping, and spending time with my family. My husband would say travel as I went to Mexico three times last year and volunteered working with Women and Children in San Miguel De Allende.

I am excited and yet a little nervous about our up coming trip."

No comments:

Post a Comment