Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Thomas Fernandez to the Rescue!


Thomas is a Visiting Assistant Professor at the University of California, San Francisco Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Medicine. He comes from Auckland, NZ and journeyed across to San Francisco for an overseas experience. He loves the cosmopolitan and multi-cultural aspect of the city, not to mention the effect this has on it’s food!

His work consists of a broad spectrum of adult anesthesia and he completed fellowships in Vascular and Liver Transplant Anesthesia. Thomas feels privileged to be able to become part of the Operation Rainbow family and expand his horizons. He decided to take up the mission to Haiti when he learnt it may not proceed due to being short one attending Anesthesiologist.

Tom says, "I have no doubt the mission will be challenging, but in the words of Dr. Herzenberg, I believe I am likely to gain far more than anything I can give. I particularly look forward to getting to know and work closely with members of our team and helping the people of Haiti. I am sure Haiti will leave many memories etched on our minds and hearts forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment