Sunday, April 8, 2012

Bradley Whyte, CRNA: The beginning of a beautiful friendship....

Brad got his RN degree at University of Texas in Arlington, and his Master of Nursing (Nurse Anesthetist) at Texas Wesleyan University in Fort Worth in 1998. Since then he has been working at various hospitals around the country as a Nurse Anesthetist. He has been a long time volunteer in medical mission work, including Ethiopia and the Far East.  Since the earthquake of 2010 he has wanted to volunteer in Haiti, and contacted the Global Health Institute of Loma Linda University. LLU put Brad together with Team Sinai Operation Rainbow, and the rest, as they say....will be history.
During the time of the earthquake, Bradley was in his native Jamaica at his much beloved cousin Colin's funeral. Colin's dream had been to serve in Haiti, and Bradley pledged to the extended family that he would help fulfill Colin's life's intentions, in his honor. According to Bradley, "I am hoping that this will be a more than once a year service for me.  I know I will be taught and taken care of by the people of Haiti more than I will be giving them.  Over 20 years of experience and various medical missions- this has my attention as if its my first year practicing and my first trip abroad."
Brad has gathered supplies and medications to donate to Adventist Hospital. In the words of Rick Blaine (Humphrey Bogart) to Captain Louis Renault (Claude Rains) in Casablanca, "Brad, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship..."  To see the full scene, click on this link:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kiNJcDG4E0




No comments:

Post a Comment