Sunday, April 8, 2012

Warren McKay, MD: On the Shoulders of Giants

Three years with Dr John Steinhaus-(Emory Anesthesia Department), two years with Dr Benjamin Covino-(Brigham and Womens Anesthesia Department), and 23 years with Dr Ronald Miller-(University of California at San Francisco) has given me some experience in relieving others’ pain and the meaning of being a solid citizen.





Working with the Haitians and Dominicans in January 2010 helped me understand their tough nature and this has influenced me to return this year. Regional Anesthesia and Pain control have been areas of my interest professionally for some time now. On a more fun side are my outside interests. I enjoy cooking, sampling different cuisines, listening to music, creating metal sculpture, mountain climbing, snowboarding, and any flavor of bicycle riding. And I almost forgot, travelling. Love to travel and meet new cultures and cuisines. I will end by writing hello in advance to all on this trip and may we collectively bring goodwill with us to Port au Prince!




Here is another Warren McKay, professional cyclist from Guyana, and member of Team Trek...

No comments:

Post a Comment